They say time flies when you’re having fun. Time flies faster when you’re travelling and on the move. Here’s a snapshot of this life I’ve been living lately . . .
1) Wondering thorough tea plantations and trekking through jungles across inland Malaysia.
2) Late nights beach partying followed by early morning runs and days diving on the Perhentian Islands. Shark sightings were totally worth the trip.
3) Naan bread. Malaysia has a strong Indian presence in the country, leading to a little India in almost every city. That means lots of cheap naan bread made right before your eyes and served steaming hot. At 20-30 cents a piece, you know I have gotten my fair share and then some.
4) I’m back on a stumbleupon kick. Honestly, I find it really educational. I learn so much on any given stumble rampage, and become enlightened to some sweet websites I’d otherwise never have found. Like this one. And this one. And it’s a pretty sweet deal for travel inspiration too . . .
5) I had a love affair with one of Brett Dennen’s songs back a few years ago. I’ve rediscovered him again. I’m all over it.
6) Sometimes working out while travelling can be hard, for a whole host of reasons. As a bit of an added challenge, I’ve been doing the squat challenge as I traipse through countries and foreign lands. I’m pretty sure I’ve been doing it for 30 days, and should be done by now, but with a few hiccups along the way, I’m only at 130. Regardless, I’m still going strong, and really just love that I can do this many consecutive squats. Give it a try.
7) Speaking of this exercise thing, I’m desperately missing good running days. Between the relentless heat, the chaotic car and moto filled cities and staying on islands less than a kilometre long, I haven’t had a decent run in such a long time. In the spirit of keeping up my spirits, I venture regularly to Runner’s World and read about running instead. Here’s the latest good news for all you like-mind pavement pounders: Nine Surprising Ways Running Helps Your Body
8) And just because. This quote is in Bondi beach, Australia, and then I found it again yesterday on, you guessed it – stumbleupon.com: